Thursday, June 16, 2005

Workin' It

BigNameCompany has a fitness center on campus (yes, it has enough buildings that we call it campus) which is free for employees to use. Employees also have 24/7 access to said fitness center. Since my semester has finally (just about) ended I decided to sign up for access on Tuesday. Last night I went for the first time.

Turns out I was completely correct in believing that it would be nearly empty at 9pm. Not enough people live near enough to campus to want to come back in the evenings after going home. I figure peak usage runs from 6am - 7pm, with a spike around lunch time. Well, whatever works for people. Being all alone in the gym is a whole lot more up my alley, thankyouverymuch!

So, I got to the gym, exercised, and then, 'cause I was rank, I took a shower. I didn't, however, bother to put any make-up back on, or brush or dry my hair.

You can imagine, then, how I looked when I pulled up to my house I saw TheModel crossing the street to his place. I hollered at him, and he came over and talked to me at my car for 10 minutes, or so. Finally, I said, "I need to park, but I still want to talk to you." So, I parked, and he sat on his fence and waited for me.

We talked until almost 1am, then decided to call it a night. I learned a lot about him, including the fact that he actually did use to be a model. Frankly, I'm not surprised. I suppose he learned a lot about me, too. Actually, he learned more about me than I generally tell people. I don't know what it is about some people. I have found that with a select few people I can have a totally fine surface relationship, but then, in quiet moments, when we cease being our facade, we revel in who we are, and share that which is most intimate. We truly talk. Now, I'm not saying TheModel and I are going to suddenly be soul mates, or even best of friend. What I am saying is, I want to find a man who brings that out in me. Someone I can be myself with, my whole self. I want someone with whom I can be the stupid facade and the intimately exposed whenever I need either one.

That reminds me of a poem I once wrote. I think I wrote it not only for the man I was with at the time (ExOfNote), but for the man who could possibly be my future:


My soul
stands

naked

before you.
Unclothed.
And waiting
for criticism
which
never
comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home