Tuesday, July 05, 2005

T.J. Maxx and Why It's Great

I am in love with T.J. Maxx. There is always plenty of new and exciting things to be found there. I even have a motto for shopping there, "Everything at T.J. Maxx has multiple purposes." Case in point, I have two very cute handbags that I got there. They were originally jewelry boxes. I think the thing I love about it is the fact that every T.J. Maxx is different, and it's like a rummage sale, except the things you buy are brand name, brand new, and not at the prices you'd expect to pay. Who could not love that? When I was with the fam. Mumsy commented that she liked the handbag I brought. When she discovered where I got it we went on an expedition. She discovered what I knew all along, T.J. Maxx is amazing!

We bought her a very cute jewelry box/purse that I wanted. So, when I got home I went to my local store to buy it. No go. Tragic, really. While I was there I headed over to the houseware section (I frequently forget they sell clothes) to browse. There I saw the most amazing vase (that's vaaaaahhhhhze, in case you thought otherwise). It looked very familiar. Then, last night when I was over at TheModel's house for firecrackers (I'm trying, really, I am) I noticed that they had the same vase, hence the familiar nature. I asked him if it were his (sure that it was, knowing the other guys who live there). Yes, he informed me, and when he moves out of that house I can have it. Ok, so the fact that we like the same vase isn't all that impressive, but the fact that he also likes T.J. Maxx (you don't shop there if you are ambivalent about it, trust me) just made him even hotter, if that's at all possible.

Oh, I might as well include in this post the following:
Last night when I got home from the gym the boys across the street (TheModel's house-mates) were lighting firecrackers. I invited myself over (which is why I was over there to notice the vase). It was great fun! While I was there I noticed TheModel had a female friend over. She was very cute, and I could see why he might be interested in her. In fact, they spent the entire evening with each other. Just as we were finishing up they disappeared into his house. Well, I did want to say hi to him, guess I wouldn't. A friend had something in their house, so she went inside to retrieve it. I asked if she needed help (yeah, right). She said yes, and in I went (determined to find out who the mystery chick was). I walked into the kitchen and was about to leave when I called out in the direction of his bedroom, "Good night, TheModel!" "Good night." He replied, "Hey, is that Granola?" "Sure is." "Come back here. Have you met my sister?" Yes!!!! Thank goodness for the sake of my developing crush, eh? By the way, she's really cute, and very nice. More importantly, however, she's his sister.

Now do you see why I could develop a real-life crush on him? Probably not. If, however, I had a picture of him, you could.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home