Friday, July 22, 2005

Tailgating

Today as I was driving from Provo to Orem on the freeway I was in the slow lane. As can be expected when one travels in the slow lane, a car needed to merge in front of me, since he was rapidly running out of lane. I applied my breaks, and glanced in my rear-view mirror in time to see that the silver SUV that had been tailgating me had to slam on his to avoid hitting me (that's what you get for tailgating, you ninny!). He decided that I was, apparently, a terrible driver and didn't want to be behind me anymore, thus he changed lanes and sped up. As he was over taking me he honked his horn, and when I glanced over I realized it was this guy I see in the cafeteria all the time. I also saw him forcefully flipping me the bird. What? Because you were tailgating? How is that my fault. In the end, I am more befuddled as to what was up with him... I mean, let's look at this logically: Had I not braked I would have hit the dude in front of me, causing our tailgating prick to rear-end me. Then he would have had something to get pissed about. And, whatever happened to using the horn in the appropriate fashion? Just because you have the ability to flip people off doesn't mean that it is the best method to convey your emotion. In the end, I'm convinced he opted for that because we live in Utah, and the bird is probably going to be more offensive to more people than the horn. Jerk. .

I kind of want to figure out who he is and leave a sticky-note on his office door reading, "Stop tailgating, Prick, and then maybe it'll reduce your risk of rear-ending someone." or, maybe just leave it at, "Stop tailgating, Prick." I think that'd do the trick. My sweet revenge came momentarily, however, for as I was getting off in Orem the traffic DJ announced that 5 minutes up the road 3 of the 5 lanes were blocked, and it was going to take commuters at least 40 minutes to go a normal 20 minute drive. Guaranteed he was stuck in that. Muahhahahahaaaa!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home