Monday, August 15, 2005

Recon

As I have previously mentioned, but you (undoubtedly and not surprisingly) did not believe, my father is a clown. Complete with red nose and big shoes. He does parties and grand openings, and pretty much everything shy of "Adult Entertainment" and working on Sunday.

Now, Mumsy-poo is having a mid-life crisis a few years late, and is thinking about moving out here to fair P-town. My dad is having a really hard time seeing the benefits, plus, if they uproot now he'll have to rebuild his clowning business in a new state. A daunting task, for even the most talented clown.

Mumsy and I were talking about this very issue, so I picked up the phone directory, flipped it open, and found clowns in Salt Lake City. I called up a very helpful woman and did massive amounts of recon. 10 minutes of talking with a complete stranger about clowns and trying to sound like the only thing I cared about was if my (non-existent) five year-old little boy (who is positively adorable, by the way) would like the clowns she had to offer.

After completing my recon mission I emailed Mumsy all of the information that I had gleaned. Her response?

Give me the #and I'll call for more recon(so she doesn't hear your voice again).

How many clowns in SLC?

wonder how busy they are? Next time *grin* ask how far ahead you need to reserve the clown?

Do you see where I get it? It's all her fault!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home