Saturday, August 20, 2005

BED!

I've found that I assume Mumsy just reads my blog and gets all the information that is going on in my life. I've also found that I think I blog everything, and if I don't get around to telling Mumsy, I figure she's read it on my blog, so I can just go on as if I had already told her. This works until I fail to blog something, and assume that I told her. The next few entries are a result of this.

Upon moving into my new house I decided to buy me a new bed. Around here most places come furnished, so I haven't had my own bed in years. While my new place is the same, the beds left something to be desired, so I took the plunge.

I went to a few mattress stores and didn't find much. Finally I went to R.C. Willey (known to be a bit over-priced, but desperate salesmen on commission will do a lot for a sale). When I got there I found a bed that looked appealing enough, and it was on sale from $1000 to $600. Not too shabby, I thought. I took the information down, and went home to google it. The salesman told me he would probably have it sold that night, so once I decided to buy it I headed back to the store. He was happy to sale it to me (naturally). As we were heading over to fill out some paperwork he asked if I needed a mattress cover. Being as cheap as I am I told him no. He asked if I was sure, and I said, "Yes. Well, how much are they?" "$60" "Yeah, then I'm good." His reply came as a surprise to me (but, it probably shouldn't have), "I'll tell you what, since you're buying the floor model, I'll throw that in for free." Wonderful! We turned to head over to another computer, when a different salesman came up and asked if I was buying the bed. Sure enough, I was. He told my salesman that he had just sold it five minutes ago. Ouch! Never fear -- the desire for commission took over, and my salesman took me around the showroom, and stopped in front of two very lovely beds. "I'll knock $100 off of either of these for you." I looked at the marked price — $800 each, down from $1200. Basically, I would be paying an extra $100 for a better bed, oh, and they were both cleaner than the one I was going to buy. Sold! I picked my new bed, took care of the paperwork, and paid for it. He asked if I wanted it delivered, a $35 plus tip fee. I told him I could handle it; figuring I could borrow MyBoss's trailer, and TheModel and I, with the use of his SUV could pick it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home