Friday, August 26, 2005

Unintentional Foreshadowing

Last Friday my old roommate got that piece of cartilage in her ear pierced. She thinks it's beautiful, and I'm prone to agree with her, though I did my duty and tried to talk her out of it. With that on the mind I asked Carnivore yesterday what he would do if his teenage daughter showed up with her nose pierced.

"I rip it out, and then ground her!"

Today at lunch he sat down next to me and asked, "So, why did you ask me that question yesterday?"

"Um, no reason. I was just wondering. Why? Did something happen?"

"I got home and she showed me her new tongue ring."

"You're kidding!? No, I swear I didn't know. She didn't call me up and ask me to prep you for it. If she had, I would have been a whole lot more subtle. That, or a whole lot less: 'Carnivore, you might want to consider beating your daughter when you get home tonight...'"

He told her she could either keep it, or keep her cell phone and car keys. She gave him the bar bell. Her mom took her cell phone, anyway.

The funny thing is, had I gone home with a tongue ring I know my dad would have freaked, but I think Mumsy would have demonstrated her disappointment, then taken me to the store to get Listerine to make sure it didn't get infected. What would you have done, Mumsy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home