Thursday, September 01, 2005

Dream

I had the following dream Monday Night. Feel free to try your hand at dream interpretation:

I was at (a place that I knew was) work (even though it wasn't really) when a friend of mine (who was apparently my boss) showed in a woman with whom he was friends. She wanted to give us a presentation, and he was facilitating it. We were in a classroom type situation, with the yellow-wood chairs and desks. She talked about a business opportunity she wanted us to help her with. Basically the emotion I felt (for I don't know if I actually heard her say anything at this point) was that she wanted us to quit our jobs and go work for the start-up company she was with. A few people asked questions, and then we adjourned.

My friend, who was apparently my boss, this woman, someone else, and myself all went to a back room which contained a television and two queen-sized beds. The woman and my friend immediately laid down to take a nap on the bed nearest the television. She took the side by the T.V. and my friend took the other side. I then laid down on the other bed, the foot of which was parallel with the side of the bed by friend was sleeping on. I'm not sure what the other person was doing, but I don't think she was on the same bed as I.

I must have slept, for when I woke the woman who had given the presentation was sitting on the edge of the bed watching T.V.. My friend was lying on his side watching her watch television. Then she got up, turned it off, and talked to the other woman in the room about this business idea. The other woman eventually left. I don't know what her finial decision was, but the presenter looked pleased. She then walked over to the bed I was lying on, and stood at the foot. I sat up, and my friend came over and joined me on the bed. He half lounged on the bed next to me, smiling as he did so.

The woman pitched her idea to me, which included my quitting my job at BigNameCompany and moving East. All the while my friend/boss smiled at me. Part of the way through her pitch he started picking at a scab that I had on my left arm (he was on the left). I wondered what he was doing, but let him continue anyway. The thoughts that were going through my head are kind of hard to explain — this friend is married (with kids), nevertheless, I am very attracted to him, and, sometimes I get the feeling that it's mutual. I would never act on it, and, assume thehighestt integrity in him, as well. Thus, in the dream it was a bit awkward for me, since I liked him touching me, even if what he was doing was odd. After the woman finished (I think my friend may have successfully removed the scab) she told me she would wait to hear from me, and left.

I got the feeling that my friend/boss was encouraging me to quit my job and go out on this limb, but he wasn't going to give me that advice, nor was he going to advise against it, nor was he going to tell me what he was going to do.

At that point I woke up. Oddness. But, it's been the week of weird dreams for me, so I guess I'll just wonder what on earth my subconscious was trying to tell me. Unless, of course, someone happens to be more into dream interpretation than I, and can fill me in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home