Saturday, October 21, 2006

Cars, Concert, and Boy

Nanny, Sweetheart and I went car shopping again today. Good golly, I need to find a car I like and just buy the thing already! Sheesh.

After that we went to a YSA activity called "Sound Off." Basically, it was 3 or 4 local bands playing. It wasn't all that fantastic, except the last band was pretty awesome. We called the new guy in the ward, Musician, to see if he was planning on coming. He had to do some work around the house, but told us if we were going out afterwards to give him a call and he'd join us.

He eventually showed up, and just as I noticed that he was looking in the door for us a blond girl walked up and gave him a huge hug. He looked awfully happy to see her. I just let that happen. I thought he liked me, guess I was wrong. Oh well.

After a bit I decided that I needed some water, so I left the auditorium to get some (There's much more to this, but I'll post it next). I walked out the door and practically right into him. He smiled at me, and I at him, but he was still with the blond chick, and I was having a moment, so I just headed over for the water. He kept glancing my way, so I decided to be sociable, and went over to him. He introduced us, and the three of us chatted for a bit before I excused myself and headed back inside. I really felt like I was being measured up for something. I can't really say if I fell short or not.

Afterwards, I asked, "So, who was that girl? Girlfriend?" "Uh, ex." Oh. Whoops. Well, there we have it. I was being sized up to see if I had next-girlfriend material or not. That's kind of cool. I guess.

After the concert Nanny, Sweetheart, Musician, Lurch, 2 other girls, and MapGuy (who met us at the restaurant) went to Denny's for dinner. We had a really great time. Afterwards Musician asked if I needed a ride, well, Nanny left her car at my place, so she had to come back here to get it anyway, and Lurch lives in my apartment complex, so, no, I didn't really need> a ride. I said yes, that'd be great.

Tragically, Lurch and Musician parked on the same side of the building, but Nanny and Sweetheart parked on the other and I had to get my backpack out of Sweetheart's car. Musician drove his car around to our side of the building and said, "So, apparently, Lurch lives in your same apartment complex." "Oh, duh! You're right!" I said trying to pass off like I had forgotten. We decided (quickly) that I would just catch a ride home with Lurch. He did offer me a ride back to the other side of the building. I thanked him, but assured him that "my walkers work." He left, and I called Lurch, thanked him for the offer, but, I'll just catch a ride with Nanny and Sweetheart. Yeah. Dork.

On the ride home Nanny said, "So, the other two girls were like, 'what's up with Granola and Musician? They look like they should be dating!' and I was like, 'I know, right?'"

What can one say to that, really? I argued that we talked to everyone else, and it wasn't like that, at all. Her reply? "They saw it, and that was the first time they even saw you two together! It's obvious!" Who knows. There's still the guy that I took to the symphony who I'm still kind of interested in — at least getting to know better. We'll see where this goes, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home