Thursday, October 19, 2006

Potential

I called up the new guy in the ward (mentioned previously sans name in this post) tonight to ask if he wanted to join Sweetheart, Nanny, Lurch, maybe MapGuy, and myself for dinner. He was all up for it. It did end up being just Nanny, Sweetheart, him, and me, which was fine. We had a blast getting to know him better. He is so funny! That was awesome!

After dinner Nanny and Sweetheart were driving me home, "He totally likes you." Nanny announced. Yeah, I got that vibe, too. "You think so?"

"Yeah! It was like you two were on a date and me 'n' Sweetheart were on a date." As supporting evidence she offered up the following:

  • He angled himself towards me the whole dinner.
  • He touched me, a lot. As often as the situation/conversation would allow.
  • He geeked out with me.
  • Pretty much we had our own conversation and included the other two only on occasion.
  • After we finished eating we sat around chatting about nothing, I moved my chair away from the table to better face him, and he did likewise. What they didn't see (and I wasn't about to point it out) was that we had to maneuver our feet around each other so that we didn't play "footsies". That was kind of intentional.

Synopsis: While it's fun to be liked, it's more fun being liked by a guy you could like back. In other words — I could like him. The other guy in our ward who is interested in me: not so much. Sometime I'll post about him. That'll be a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home