Monday, November 20, 2006

All in the Family

Lurch, LittleBrother, and I went to the usual restaurant for post-FHE dinner tonight. We sat there, enjoying each other's company, laughing and generally having a blast. LittleBrother did something stupid and we ribbed him for it, "Hey!" He said to me, "What are little brothers for?"

I laughed and had to agree. Silently a part of my came to the realization that I am their sister. Nothing more, and nothing less. I'm their sister, and I'm perfectly happy with that role. I can't think of a better relationship to have with either of them, nor can I think of a better description. When Lurch and I go to the movies together it's far more familial than date-like, and really, we're not there to be on a date, we're just having fun.

The interesting thing is: no one in the ward has asked us about our 'relationship.' Kind of odd, not objectionable, just strange for a singles ward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home