Sunday, November 19, 2006

Mystery Date

Musician had a date on Friday. No, he didn't tell me, I just knew. Actually, what he did say was that he had 'plans' on Friday. I quickly surmised that it was probably a date, and that's just fine. I mean, givemeabreak!, I asked FlyBoy out for Saturday, surely I can't hold Musician to a different standard. I assumed she was some lovely girl from his previous ward. Lurch and I chatted about it last night and I told him that I hope that Musician had a great time on his date, and I wasn't going to ask for more information, since I certainly don't want him asking for more from me.

Tonight I had some friends over for games and hanging out. Ninja (previously mentioned here as the Relief Society president—she happens to have a black belt in Karate, in case you're curious as to her name) came over as did Nanny, Lurch, Network, another girl who at this point really needs a name, and a friend of Network's. We had a good time playing games, etc. At one point Nanny felt the need to tease me about Musician. I laughed it off and moved on.

Eventually it came time for friends to leave. I walked Ninja out to her car and she said, "So, we need to talk. We haven't talked in a while, and we need to talk."

"Sure. What's up?"

"So I went on a date."

"Oh yeah? With who?"

"Uh, Musician." She said kind of hesitantly.

"On Friday?"

"Yeah. You knew?"

"I knew he had a date, I just didn't know with whom. Now, I do."

We went on to have a 10-20 minute conversation about what a great guy he is, etc, etc, etc. At the end of the conversation she said that she would go out with him again if he asked her.

"Good!" I told her. "He's a really awesome guy!"

We wrapped up the conversation and I went inside to the rest of my waiting friends.

So, now is the time for some serious internal introspection. Am I bothered by this? Am I jealous? Do I wish he had asked me out instead of her? Instead of anyone else? Do I wish he had asked me out at all? Do I wish he had asked out someone other than her?

Frustratingly enough I have reached the following conclusions:
1) I'm glad he asked her out. She is a really awesome woman!
2) I'm glad they had a good time.
3) I hope he doesn't ask her out again.
4) Actually, I think I'd like it much better if he would ask me out again.
5) I like him. More than I want to.
6) Crap.
7) Double crap.
8) Crap! Crap! Crap!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home