Wednesday, November 22, 2006

My He-what?

Musician and I went car shopping today, as promised. Actually, good things happened today. I shall recount.

My office phone rang at 12:17 this afternoon. The number wasn't internal, and I didn't recognize it. This is kind of odd, but not outofthisworld odd. I picked it up, "Good afternoon, this is Granola."

"Hey Granola," came the voice on the other end of the line, no identification, just a greeting.

"Hey," I replied, then waited for more.

"This is Musician."

Turns out, he was bored and since most people had taken the day off he was getting nothing accomplished, so he wanted to cut out early. I was equally bored, and getting just as much done. I quickly rearranged my one meeting of the day, told my boss I had errands, and would work from home, and I was out of there.

We grabbed lunch (I paid as a 'thank you'), then headed out. I drove 3 cars, Subaru Forrester, Kia piece-of-junk-suv, and a VW Passat wagon. Yeah, I think I'm going to end up with a wagon, which, frankly, surprises even me.

At the Kia dealership we were sharing an umbrella since it was, you know, raining. His umbrella happens to be massive so I felt no need to use my own. This didn't stop the dealer from offering me one. I thanked him and said that's ok, I'd share. Musician's response was pretty classic, "I'm her 'he-bitch'." Said label was repeated a few times including when the dealer asked me what kind of car I drove and I replied quite honestly, "None."

"How do you get around?" He queried.

"I told you," came the reply, but not from me, "I'm her 'he-bitch.'" He didn't seem to be complaining. In fact, each time it was said with a smile.

We had a great time together. Man, I think I like him again. grrrr! Lameness!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home