Friday, December 01, 2006

Dinner Concert

As planned Ninja and I and four other people headed down to south Seattle to hear Musician's band play. She made reservations for 5 at 7. At 6:45 my phone rang, it was Musician. "Hey, Girl, are you coming tonight?"

"Yup. We've got reservations at 7, so we'll be there!"

"Great!" a few more pleasantries and he rang off. Her phone didn't ring. So, I wonder three things, (A) Did he figure we would be going together; (2) Was he missing me; or (iii) Did he assume that by 'we' I meant Ninja and myself, rather than Nanny, Sweetheart, Lurch and myself? Anyway you slice it, it must have been quite an interesting shock to see her and me stroll in together as we did. hehehe, That'll show him.

Dinner was good, and about an hour in the band took a break. He joined us at our table and we chit-chatted about things. He mentioned a super busy week and I asked him if he had gone to work on Tuesday (because, as you may or may not recall, I called him and asked him to join me for lunch). Nope, he replied.

"Yeah, it occurred to me half-way through that message that you were undoubtedly one of the 50% of commuters who stayed home."

He laughed, "Yeah, you were, like, 'And... you're probably not here, either...'!"

"Did I say that?! 'Cause I thought it, but did I say it?"

"Yeah. Thanks for thinking of me, though."

We had a good chuckle over that. I wish he had asked me for lunch some time this week, since Monday and Tuesday were, apparently, the only days he missed.

I did, however, manage to plant the seed of thought in his mind that I'm fairly accessible. We were talking about some posters he has for the lunch concerts. I said I put one up in my office, but I could put some more up, if he can get them to me. He asked for my mailing address at work, and I laughed. Or, you could walk them across the street to me.

"Now," he questioned, "would that really be a good use to company resources? I think it would cost more to have me walk them over than to utilize the postal system."

"Ok, well, on your lunch break, when you're in my building anyway you can give me a call and say, 'Girl! I'm in your building, come down and get these.' And, then, I can meet you in the lobby and get them." I'm hoping he does that but instead says, "I'm in your lobby, come down and grab a bite to eat, and take these back up with you." Yeah, right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home