Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner

Lurch and LittleBrother have invited everyone in our group to their parents' home for Thanksgiving. Since all of my other friends are doing the holiday with their families, I'm pretty much the only one with nowhere to go. I readily accepted (though, this last week I've been tempted to just politely express my regrets and stay at home and 'art' all day).

Tonight Lurch called to confirm. He wanted to leave at 10:30 am, then I reminded him of the amazing!! deal that Amazon will be running on the XBox 360, which will, undoubtedly, sell out in well under five minutes. The sale starts at 11 am PST and goes until 11:02 am PST (I predict). The discount, in case you live under a rock, or, you know, don't care about game consoles (oh! me! Me! Pick meeeee! (that is, I don't care, I just happen to hang out with geeks, so I know)) is 1,000 XBox 360s for $100 each (they retail at $300). He changed our departure time to, "A little after 11."

He went on to inform me that we weren't actually having dinner at his parents' home. Rather, we shall be dinning with some multi-millionaires. "So," I asked, "This means: leave the jeans at home?" He hadn't given it much thought, but eventually concluded that to do so might not be a bad idea at all. We decided that the ratty 'Boston' t-shirt was right out. Grand. Thanksgiving dinner and I can't just dress nice casual. I'm going to have to go nice casual. Though, any more, jeans are rapidly making their way into appropriate nice attire. I shall wear slacks.

Thank goodness I know how to eat properly! Mumsy will be thrilled to know that the most egregious sin I'm likely to commit is to spill something down my front—which is pretty much a given anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home