Thursday, February 01, 2007

Lunch Concert

I went to the lunch concert today. I was planning on going, and I had been wanting to go all week. More importantly, I had been wanting to go alone all week. I was afraid one of my coworkers would want to join me, and, frankly, I was hoping to be able to talk Musician into grabbing a bite to eat afterwards. I haven't talked to him in a while, I mean really talked. I'm not sure if that's because things have (obviously) changed between us, or if Nurse has voiced some objections (not that I could possibly fault her for so doing).

So, there I was, sitting at my desk, minding my own business when, lo and behold, one of my coworkers came up to me, "Hey there, Granola. Up for some lunch-time music?" I couldn't possibly refuse. Off we went. I, of course, saw Musician, but was unable to say much more than "hello" and inquire as to what he has been up to of late. Oh, I also, once again, offered to help him out with his house project (he's flipping it, so I don't plan on helping all that much, but I wouldn't mind occasionally lending a hand). He thanked me for my offer, and told me that he would be hosting a painting party soon enough.

In other, totally related news, I wasn't going to go to his gig tomorrow night, but the plans just kind of made themselves around me, so I guess I'm going. Next month, however, unless Nurse is magically out of the picture, I shall certainly not be going, even if it means I'm sitting home alone. I think I need to not go a time or two so that Nurse stops thinking of me as a threat. Again, not that I can possibly fault her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home