Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Snow Storm, Bringing Us Together, Once Again

We had another major snow storm in the Seattle area--we ended up with 2 inches on the Island at the time of this writing.

I called up Musician at 4:30 to tell him that he should get while the getting was good. I got his machine, and left him a message. He called me back to thank me for the info, and to offer me a ride. I'm no dummy, the ride with him promised to be far more pleasant than the ride on the bus.

It took us over an hour to make the drive which in normal rush hour conditions takes 20 minutes if you're driving. We had a pleasant time. I still like him. Bah!!

Ninja called me around 7:30 to see if I was home. I was, and she announced that she was coming over. In fact, she told me, she was sitting in front of my place that very minute trying to determine if I was home. I invited her over, like I had a choice!

We spent the next 3 hours talking and enjoying one another's company. She was on the Island for work today, and the roads were just too packed to get home. Lurch knew she was here and when he finally got home he called and tried to invite himself over. Sadly, I turned him down and told him that we were having a girls' night in, and, sorry, he couldn't join us. Not very nice of me for him, but very nice of me for her—she doesn't reciprocate his feelings, unfortunately.

We talked a whole bunch about ExOfNote, and how things were when I was with him. I think it was really good for me to talk through some of the things that have been bothering me about him and our past relationship that I can't talk about with anyone else. I don't know why she seems to be a 'safe' person to talk to about it, but she is, and I'm indebted.

While she was here she used my washroom, and after she left I had to do the same. I walked in to discover that the book sitting at the top of the stack on the back of my toilet (oh, whatever, you know you have reading material in there, too) happens to be a book on surviving trauma that I just re-picked up a few days ago. People seem to be there when you need them most, don't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home