Friday, January 05, 2007

The Gig, The Friend, The Girlfriend, and The Dad

I have a friend at work whom I have never met in person, but spent a lot of time with on the phone and IM over the course of several months as work has dictated. We hit it off quite well. Today I was teasing him about working too long, and not going out much. Then, for whatever reason, I invited him to Musician's gig tonight. I told him that a bunch of friends were headed down to this concert, and would he like to join us? He agreed. How fun!

After coordinating with everyone I picked him up at the office and we headed to the show. I had LittleBrother in the car who, when asked, explained that we were neighbors, oh, and we go to church together. At that moment the truth came out. I told him that we were actually going to see a friend of ours play, oh, and all of these friends were from church.

We all had a great time hanging out and getting to know each other better. It was kind of fun to have to explain some of our weird mannerisms to him, as he isn't Mormon (though, I had always had my suspicions that he was, until I learned for assurity tonight that he isn't.)

Also joining us for dinner were Nurse, and Musician's father. It was kind of fun to meet his dad. Quiet guy. I think he felt a bit odd hanging out with us 'young whipper-snappers.'

It was good to see Nurse, too. She's a nice girl. It was, however, annoying, since I'm still so into Musician, and it was kind of frustrating to see him interact with her as his girlfriend. A huge bit of me that still (for whatever lame reason) likes him, was rather jealous. I wonder if he'll ask my about my friend that I brought. We'll see. Frankly, he probably doesn't care in the same way that I care about seeing Nurse around, but, I hope he felt a few pangs of jealousy. Yeah, right.

After dinner I took my friend home, he thanked me for bringing him out, and for the good time. I'm glad he enjoyed himself. He's a fun kid, hopefully he'll hang out with us some more. I'd love to expand our little group to not just be those people we know from our ward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home