Thursday, December 21, 2006

Miss Me? Or, Adventures In No Power

Wow. What a week I've had. Unless your my kid sister, or live under a rock, you're probably well aware of the problems we've been having here in the Pacific Northwest. Which is to say: huge wind storm, lots of power outages, and tons of felled trees.

Thursday evening, the night of the wind storm, I was at Network's house and had to run home to work. Unfortunately, I chose to leave at the height of the storm. I really had no business driving, a point that was rapidly driven home when a gust of wind blew my car across three lanes of traffic. I got home, did some work, and turned right around and headed back. Why? you ask, given that I knew the current weather conditions? Frankly, there are times one doesn't want to be home alone. That was one of them.

In total the aftermath in my neighborhood was complete power outage (ok, that pretty much applies to the entire greater Seattle area, excluding, of course, Seattle-proper), approximately 15-or-so felled trees, and, well, no hot water.

I bailed. I spent the greater part of the week at the home of the first counselor in the Bishopric and his wife. Until last night, when their kids started arriving for the holidays. Lurch told me that he thought I had power (his apartment has had it since Sunday night), and so I decided to just go home. I didn't have power. I ended up spending last night at Lurch and LittleBrother's place. It wasn't a big deal, and like anything would ever happen, but I decided that tonight I would spend and Nanny and Sweetheart's place. Lurch agreed with both sentiments. Neither of us really want to ever have to explain to the Bishop why he really shouldn't care that I crashed at their house.

The good bit is: now I am finally having a chance to update my blog. You know you missed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home