Saturday, December 02, 2006

Art Jam

Musician told me about this art jam that was going on today at one of the art schools in downtown Seattle. His band happened to be playing. The whole thing sounded like so much fun, I had actually intended to spend the lion's share of the day there. However, car shopping happened, and I arrived at 8. It was amazing! I spent the entire two hours I was there drawing one woman. She has the most interesting lines.

When I first walked in the only open spot I could see required me to walk right in from of him. So, I did. His face really just lit up when he smiled at me. I think it's just his smile, but a small (ok, huge) part of me wants to believe it's me. I think it's just his smile.

Guess who else was there, though? Oh, you won't guess, so I'll just tell you: his ex-girlfriend that I met in October. She's a really nice girl, and is, apparently, still really good friends with him, since she arrived with him. I've got to figure this one out. Oh, and oddly enough, she's been in the area for 14 months and he's been separated for a little better than a year (I'm not sure when the divorce was finalized). Somewhere in that time frame they met, became great friends, dated, broke up, and have managed to maintain a close friendship. I think I'm suffering from jealousy problems.

We chatted for quite a while about art and drawing and generic items when we ran into each other. She took some art classes in high school, apparently, but that was years ago. When I first walked up to her and Musician (they were standing in the hall, and I wanted to talk to him, she happened to be there) he said to her, "Granola is an art-eest."

"A what?" she asked having not heard him.

"An art-eest," he repeated.

You know, the funny thing is I don't know if I consider myself an "artist". I paint and draw, but am I an artist? I don't know.

We eventually returned to the drawing room and took up our respective seats. Afterwards I walked over to her and asked to see her drawings. She showed me, but only after telling me that she hasn't drawn in 10 years. Frankly, they were terrible. She asked to see mine. I'm not thrilled with it, but since I know you're dying of curiosity as well, here it is. Clearly, I didn't finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home