Sunday, December 03, 2006

Stake Desimation

Well, today they decided to reorganize our stake. The end result is we lost 18 members of our ward, 3 girls, and 15 boys. Not that we had that many to lose in the first place. The end result is: most of my friends stay in the ward (all of my close ones do), but the Relief Society has lost the first and second counselor. I live in mortal fear for the day I'm called to be in the Relief Society presidency. Additionally, the RS president (Ninja) turns 31 in January, so she'll be "graduating" and going to the family ward.

In addition to that, Ninja called me tonight to talk about how frustrated she is with the whole finding new counselors thing, and how she is not looking forward to going to the family ward come January. I really didn't know what to tell her. I do wonder why she didn't call her best friend to have this conversation with.

This spells bad news for me. I'm hoping that the nose ring keeps me out of the presidency. I'm afraid, instead, I'll have to buy a nice retainer to wear to church. I wonder how the Bishop will bring that one up?

I can just see it now, "Granola, we'd like to call you to be Relief Society president. Now, before you answer, how do you feel about removing the nose ring?"

Or, "I really admire that you're doing your own thing fashion-wise, but do you think you could do a little less of your own thing nose-wise?"

Or, "Would you turn with me in the 'For the Strength of Youth' pamphlet to the section on earrings?"

Or, "I believe when President Hinkley talked about limiting our earrings to just one modest pair he probably was including extra body-piercing in the group to limit."

Worse, he'll probably just extend the call and hope that I have all of those conversations internally. sigh

Let's hope no call is forthcoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home