Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Courage

This afternoon I went to Musician's concert and (not surprisingly) ran into him. We chatted briefly when he announced that he was starving. I agreed that I, too, was hungry. He asked what I was doing after the concert and I replied that I would be grabbing some lunch. He asked if I wanted to join him. I did.

On the way to lunch I decided that I would tell him that I am interested in him, and then ask him to join me for an evening at the Symphony.

We sat. He asked, "What's new?"

"I've got tickets to the Symphony," I replied, "that's new."

We talked about that briefly before he asked if I would be attending the Stake New Year's Eve event. I replied that I probably wouldn't as it really doesn't strike my fancy. Then I asked if he would be.

"Nope. I'll be spending the evening with my girlfriend! (As you call her.)"

I asked if he meant 'girlfriend' as in, the girl I have jokingly called his girlfriend, or if he meant really his girlfriend. It was the latter, but apparently, I'm the one who brought the word 'girlfriend' into our "relationship," so he was blaming me.

"Nurse?"

"Yup."

"I thought you broke up?"

"We did. Well, we were on a break."

I told him I don't believe in 'breaks.' A waste of time, those. If I'm ever with a guy who decides he needs a break I think I'll just dump him and save us both the worry. If you've got to take an extended breather to decide if things are worth having, then they probably aren't. Perhaps I'm just bitter because ExOfNote pulled the 'let's-take-a-break' thing on me once, and it sucked.

Anyway, back to Musician: seems he's back together with Nurse, for now. A fairly recent development, I'm sure, but more of a development than I'd like. I could just sit back and wait for the inevitable demise—I'm an optimist—or, I could do the logical thing, and move on with my life and go back to not liking boys all that much. It certainly makes life easier.

The odd bit is: I think I was ready to be in a relationship with him. Perhaps it was just Nature telling me that I'm ready to be in a relationship. period

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home