Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy Knee Year!

Happy New Year all! How exciting. Now is the time we as a society feel the need to set unrealistic goals for ourselves involving weight loss, tobacco and alcohol consumption, and spending habits. You'll be thrilled to learn that (just like last year) I (once again) refuse to make any resolutions. It's just not for me.

But, here's a prediction for you: I hereby predict that I shall injure myself in a new and exciting and positively pathetic way this year. Do you think I can do it? I'll bet you a dollar I make it.

In other news: I went to the doctor today and he's sending me in to have an MRI for my knee tomorrow. When he was looking at my x-rays he asked if I had sprained this knee before. I assured him that yes, in fact, I had (that's a great story, for another day, perhaps), and he explained that it must have been relatively severe, judging from the bone buildup on the side of my knee. Joy. This one feels fairly similar to the sprain he was referencing. I was on crutches for 2 weeks with that one. Nothing too bad, but it still sucked. He told me that if I want crutches I can pick some up at the drug store, but they're not necessary. We'll know more post-MRI. I'll keep you updated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home