Monday, January 29, 2007

Seasons

Tomorrow is my birthday, and I'm excited. It seems as the years go by, and I age and age nothing much changes, but I know so much does. I'm not the same woman I was 10 years ago, or 5, but what about one? Am I the same woman I was last year? I have to say 'no'. I've changed jobs, I've changed states. I've had heartaches and I've had tragedies. I've grown, but have I?

What have I learned from all of these things? Mainly: only perseverance and faith will get you through. There will be day when your nightmares haunt you, and nights when your dreams seem impossible fantasies, but there will also be nights when your reality is more than what you could conjure in your mind, and days that are enchanted. Unfortunately, living for the latter will only make the former all the more difficult. Holding firm to your faith in whatever god you worship will make those rough spots bearable and help you get to the smooth patches.

Did I learn that this year? More than anyone could possibly imagine. Has it changed me? Only for the better, I hope.

So, as I approach another year, for what do I hope? What dreams do I want to come true? Honestly, I hope that this year is better than last, that I manage to overcome my darker demons, and that I discover in myself even more strength and beauty than I think I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home