Saturday, March 29, 2008

Infatuation

InternBill and I were joking around the other day when he said something that prompted my usual reply of, "You're a dork, you know that?" For some reason this has become a term of endearment when lobbed in his general direction.

His reply, however, took me a little off guard, "But would you still be infatuated with me if I weren't :P?"

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap!!! So, I went with the time honored deny and dodge, "Oh, deary, you only wish that were true."

And that was the end of that.

The problem? The deny and dodge is the exact opposite of what one should do in these cases. In fact, the correct response is admit and amplify. I should have gone with, "Nope. That's pretty much the only thing that keeps my attention in your general direction." Alas, I didn't. Well, not like it's some great secret, right? I mean, we do spend hours and hours flirting with each other.

I actually wish that I weren't infatuated with him. It would make life so much simpler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home