Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Hill

I happen to live on the top of a hill. This is great when you're enjoying the view or, say, walking to the bus stop. Walking home, however, not such a good time. Prior to even purchasing my bike I promised myself I would conquer what has become known as 'The Hill.' There a 4 ways up The Hill, and not being an idiot, or suffering from a death wish, my goal targeted the least difficult. This route is longer than the other three, but also has the least grade. I have frequently mentioned The Hill to both Bill and Cyclist. Thus, last week, when I managed to finally summit The Hill I immediately sent them both text messages announcing my success! They both issued their congratulations, then expressed the same encouragement: "Now," they declared, "time for I-90!" They're right, but I want to do The Hill a few more times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home