Saturday, September 06, 2008

Rides

Bill and I were supposed to go phone shopping Thursday. He ended up working late.

So, instead, after work a few of us went out for 'drinks' to celebrate one of the guys' birthday. While we were enjoying each other's company I complained about my canceled plans. The new girl in the office suggested that she and I go together and we could both get phones.

This we did.

While we were buying phones I got a text from Cyclist. Over drinks we had discussed the possibility of going for a short bike ride, since he just got a trailer for his dog. I told him that I'd love to, but it would be in the dark. No worries. Once we finished with phones I raced to my house, tossed my bike in the car, drove my co-worker home, and headed over to Cyclist's.

We headed out. And, ended up going up a hill that had it been daylight I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have even attempted. The good news is: now I know I can do it.

While we were on the top of the hill I got a text from Bill saying that he was just heading home from work. I told him I was nearly finished with my bike ride, and that I might stop by and bug him. He said he needed dinner, and asked if I did as well. Sure enough—I hadn't eaten since lunch. Since he and Cyclist live near each other I rode down the hill, and then stopped off at Bill's rather than continuing on only to double back.

That might have been a mistake.

I got to Bill's place at 9 pm.

Friday at work the guys were teasing me about him (again, like usual). Cyclist had to get his jab in and asked, "What time did you get to his place for your booty call last night? 10?"

"No!" I exclaimed, defending my own honor, "9! And, it wasn't a booty call!" I insisted.

Collectively, they announced that anything after 9 is a booty call. Sure, 'cepting I didn't get no booty!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home