Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dating

Over dinner Bill announced, "So, I really like going out to nice restaurants like this. And, I've determined that most girls kind of freak out when you take them to places like this on a first date."

"This is true," I replied thinking of how I would react if a guy unblinkingly spent $100 on dinner for the two of us.

"So," he continued, "since I'm not really dating anyone right now, I want to take you to Ruth's Chris." Um, sorry? Come again? You want to take a vegan to a steak house? Naturally. These were words I could not say, since we were current at a steak house.

"Um, ok," I said, much to his surprise.

"You're ok with this?"

"Yup. As long as it's on you," I said with a smile.

"Of course. Cool!"

Anyone else catch the "not really dating anyone right now"? Um, and I a 'not really dating'? I don't even know what that means! I guess that means that we're sort of dating? I don't even know what that means!

Oh, and after dinner his buddy called to ask him to go out. Before accepting he asked, "Do we have any plans after this?" I assured him that, no, I get to work, so he should go out and have fun. And, that he is—I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home