Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Attitude Problem

I had a meeting with my boss on Tuesday. After waiting nearly 10 minutes I left. He ran into me at the elevators, so we went back and had our meeting.

We talked a lot about the work I'm doing with my development team. Then, with 3 minutes left, he asked if I had anything.

"Yeah," I said, not sure how to really broach this one, "I think it may be a longer discussion than three minutes. But, I wanted to talk about my 'attitude problem.' First off, that really blindsided me!"

Before I could continue he said, "Well, I wouldn't really call it an 'attitude problem'." He then went on to tell me exactly what I already knew: he was going on feedback from team members. But, he reassured me, he hasn't seen anything, if he does, however, he'll be sure to let me know. He concluded that it's just personality conflicts between members of the team, and people need to learn to leave those conflicts at the door and get their jobs done.

Honestly, super reassuring that he no longer thinks I'm the "bad apple".

Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home