Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Swarm

Monday night Bill and I ended up hanging out rather than me going to FHE. However, I needed to pick something up from a friend so I asked him if he minded if we swung by church. He was ok with that so we did. And then I asked him if he wanted to come in.

In we went.

And we were swarmed.

After about 4 or 5 introductions I mentally hoped that he wasn't feeling overwhelmed. At one point the socially awkward guy who (disturbingly) has a massive thing for me (it's a trend, I don't know why they all seem to suction cup themselves to me) asked me, "Oh, is this InternBill?" (He actually used the phrase 'InternBill'). I ignored the question and said, instead, "This is George." (Oh, you probably don't remember this but though I call him InternBill his real name is George (naturally neither of these are really his name, but, yeah)).

"Is this 'InternBill'?" he repeated.

"This is George." I stated yet again.

I think he asked for a third time and finally I said, "Yes."

"Oh," or brilliant henchman replied, "I thought you called him InternBill."

I really, really, really, wanted to crawl under a rock and die from shear mortification. When we got back to the car I said by way of explanation, "He has a huge thing for me, so I make a point when he's around to talk about every guy I ever spend time with. A lot."

I'm not sure he believed me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home