Sunday, August 17, 2008

Burke-Gilman Trail

The course picked today was flat. Well, mostly flat.

We rode on the Burke-Gilman Trail from Gas Works Park to the Ballard Locks and back. All total, about 7 miles.

Because it was so flat it was also really easy. We kind of tooled around, and just hung out. Nothing terribly strenuous. I was really glad it was a longer ride, and less hills. I really need to work on both hills and distance, but I get hills with Bill. We'll see what skills I work on more this week.

Oh! I also really need to learn to signal.

At one point on the ride I geared up to my highest gear and just speeded away. It was really fun! I was going pretty fast, though, probably not as fast as I think I was. I got lots of complements on how much I didn't suck from the people I was with, which was quite nice.

Sunday marks the 3 week anniversary with me and the bike. I can't believe all the things I'm doing with it. I almost tried to stand up and pedal simultaneously today, but I chickened out. Scary scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home