Friday, August 15, 2008

Live Pose

Last week I asked Bill if he would sit for me so I could draw him. Predictably he asked "why?"

Aside from your smokin' body?!?!

"Well," I actually replied, "of all my friends you're the one most likely to actually do it, and I think you have interesting lines that I'd like to draw."

Understandably he was a bit hesitant. We discussed how it would be a shirtless affair (um, drawing the figure is kind of hard through a t-shirt). He laughed and told me that had I asked him a week ago he would have been all for it, but he just put on, like, 6 pounds which he feels he needs to lose before he wants me drawing him. Fair 'nough. But, really, six pounds? Don't eat one day. Well, it's not that easy, but he's really active, I'm surprised he's making a big deal about so little.

Sunday on our bike ride he made reference to his need to lose this weight, and I said, "Oh? Is it for me?" A fact which he confirmed. Ok, so you'll let some strange chick into your bed, but you won't let your best friend see you without a shirt on? I'm sensing some vanity issues. Oh, oddly, though, he wants me to give him a henna on his shoulder blade. Someone should tell the boy that that will require him to be topless in my presence for at least an hour!

Apparently he's really bothered by this weight gain, because he mentioned it twice today. I don't really know what to tell him, it's not like I'm an expert on weight loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home