Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Going the Distance

Sunday afternoon brought another bike ride with Bill. This time we rode from the International District to Belltown and back. Roughly 4 miles, and quite the hill.

I was really pleased with how well I did, only swerving into traffic once. Scary. This time Bill was in front of me, but looking back at me. As I swerved he yelled out "NO!!" Yeah, NO!! is right! Good to know he's worried about my safety.

Oh, and the hill down from Belltown to the International District: way fun!

The boys (which comprise Bill and Cyclist) agree with me that I'm probably ready to ride from my place to the little village on the island and back (3 miles round trip, but there's a hill involved). I was going to attempt that today, but the weather was sprinkling a bit, and I'm not confident enough that I want to be caught in a rain storm.

After I make that trek enough times that I'm comfortable (oh, and learn how to freaking signal) I'm going to ride to Bill's place. That's 6 miles, and a bit daunting still, but this is a goal I've made for myself. Oh, and if I can't bear to ride back I'll make him take me home. :) See, good plan, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home