Thursday, August 07, 2008

Offer? Oh, Yeah

This morning my old boss from BigNameCompany sent me an im. Apparently HR from the company I interviewed with last week had called him yesterday and asked for a reference (I asked him before hand if I could use him). He told me he said glowing things about me, which was really nice to hear. He also told them he'd hire me again without hesitation. Which is excellent, since he's the one who laid me off two and a half years ago. I knew the reference would be good, and I knew it was important to put him on there since "being laid off" can so easily be a cop out.

This afternoon, as anticipated, they called to give me the offer. I didn't answer the phone (hey, I was busy), but the message said the usual stuff then, "I am calling to discuss your job offer." I didn't have a chance to call her back, but, that's an offer if I ever heard one.

I have to call her back tomorrow and thank her for the offer, but politely decline. I am curious what their offer would be, though. Hmm... Oh yeah, too bad I don't want to stay in Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home