Sunday, August 03, 2008

Busy Day

This morning I started out the day by taking a spin on my bike. I did two laps, as planned. And, managed to make it all the way up one hill with no problems—TWICE, and the bigger hill all the way once, and most of the way the second time. I'm getting better, and it's so exciting to feel myself progress!

After my bike ride I took a shower and headed over to the Church. A bunch of us were meeting on the island to go watch the Blue Angels performance. We walked from the church building, into town, and then to a park on the far side of the island. All-in-all, a 3 mile jaunt each way, from my place. I left my place at 11, and got back at 3:30, and had barely had an opportunity to sit down. So, I was on my feet for 4.5 hours. I wasn't quite in any shape to go biking this evening, despite the plans I had made with Cyclist and Bill.

I called Bill to see what the plan was anyway. He told me he was at the liquor store buying alcohol so he could host some parties at his place. He asked if I wanted to go help him pick out flatware and dinnerware later. We decided to do that and scrap biking. The trek was fine, and while we were out I got a text from Sine asking if I wanted to do dinner and a movie with a group of people. I invited Bill, and we decided to do that.

This time Sine didn't threaten Bill with bodily harm, so I think we're making progress.

During the movie Bill got a phone call which he returned as we were leaving the theater. It was an invite to an intern house party. He extended the invite my way, and when I declined asked if I would be bothered if he went. As if I have any say over his activities. I told him to go along and have fun.

In all honesty it almost felt like he was asking my permission to go. I'm certain he was really just trying to not offend by dropping me off and heading out, rather than coming in and talking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home