Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today's Wish

I wish I could tell every woman that I see at the gym what a beautiful body she has. Every single woman. To the woman who spends 4 hours a day working out and has a model physic--you are well rewarded for your efforts. To the woman who has just started working out for the first time in your life (or maybe again)--it will get easier. But, in the meantime remember, you have a beautiful body. To each and every one of the average women at the gym working maintain what you've got, or to lose those last 10 pounds: your body is also beautiful. Each woman brings something different, something unique, some color and shape to the fauna that is the gym locker room. I wish I could pull each of you aside, express to you in words that were neither creepy nor condescending, how lovely your body is--and then spend a few hours sketching you. Your life is reflected in the lines hidden by your clothes. I wonder if you know it. And, if you did, would you continue to be ashamed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home