Sunday, July 27, 2008

Old Dog, New Tricks

I asked a co-worker recently to take me bike shopping.

Why is this notable? Well, for all her love of extreme sports, this Granola Geek doesn't know how to ride a bike. True story. So, off we went.

Last week my coworker sent me an instant message, apparently, some girl at the office posted a bike for sale. It is exactly my size. He suggested I contact her and see if I could go see it. I did, and we made plans to go to her place on Saturday.

Meanwhile, I asked Bill if he wanted to come bike shopping at pawn shops with me. He said yes, but he had to take his car to the shop Saturday, and if I wanted to pick him up from the mechanic's and drop him off later we could go between those times.

I made all sorts of plans, and didn't tell the guys.

Fast forward to Saturday morning: I show up at the appointed meeting point, waiting for me is my coworker. I introduce the guys to each other, and then, introduce them to the girl. We look over the bike, I say, "Let me think about it..." and she leaves. The final call from my bike experts: Buy it. Buy it now!

I'm picking it up in 30 minutes!

And then going over to Bill's to learn.

I'm going to learn to ride a bike! I'm so excited!





and a wee bit scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home