Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Why, Thank You

This morning at the gym I came to a tragic realization: my $30 payless running shoes have seen their last 5k. I've been nursing them along for a while now, but as I was looking at the support where my insole had sunk I was forced to accept the fact that those shoes are finally done.

I also decided the other day that I might like having a bike rack on the back of my car—seems like it would be much easier than putting the bike in the car every time I take it to Seattle for a ride. I could be wrong, but it seems like it to me.

So, I asked Bill if he wanted to come with me to go spend money. Homeslice really likes spending money, so I knew he'd be in. Sure enough, he was. After work we went up to REI where I proceeded to get information about bike racks, and he got information about backpacking Mt. Rainer, and then I got running shoes. My super scientific measurements have determined that the new shoes are about 24.7 pound lighter than the payless brand. Which works out crazy well, because they're also about 3 times more expensive.

After spending way too much money, Bill suggested we get some dinner. So, off we went. At the end of our meal the server brought us the check. She placed it on the table next to Bill, and as she left I reached over and laid claim. I pulled out my wallet and put my card in the billfold. "Wha...? Thanks," was about all he got out of his mouth. "No problem," I said with a smile, "I think it's my turn." And, even if it wasn't, the fact that we've dined together a large number of times and this is only the second time I've paid, says it's about time.

The server picked up our check, and when she returned it initially went to place the book facing him. She quickly caught herself and switched it so the book was facing me. I love mixing things up sometimes. It can be quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home