Thursday, August 07, 2008

Magical List

Mumsy told me Tuesday that she has come to the conclusion that her body has decided that she's vegan. I was thrilled! (only 3 years of harassing and teasing and cajoling.) She did this by sending me a link to a cookbook she found that looked interesting, and the declaration that I could get it for her for Christmas.

So I got her Christmas in August. I also bought her another vegan cookbook which I've had my eye on for a while. I figured if it rocked I could buy it for myself, and if she didn't like it I could just take it with me, and if it's that bad, well, I'm out only 15 bucks. Oh, and I didn't tell her I was getting them for her.

This afternoon I got a very excited phone call. Mumsy told me that she got home and saw she had a package and thought to herself, "I didn't order anything from them." Then, upon opening it up, she discovered her cool surprises! She flipped through the cookbooks, and ended up being a little late for some appointment because she was having too much fun looking. I jokingly asked her where those came from, and how could I get magic books delivered to my door for free. We decided that there's a list, a super secret and ultra-exclusive list that you have to be on in order for that to happen.

Later I was talking to her while she and my dad were out and about. From the background he informed me that any books having anything to do with facepainting or clowning could find their way to his door and he wouldn't complain. Mumsy told me that she told him about the list. Then she promptly told him that he isn't on it.

Honestly, I wouldn't recognize a good clowning book if it had a big red nose on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home