Friday, August 15, 2008

Cookie Time

Today for our afternoon break we went to a coffee shop to grab some beverages and possibly a cookie. I opted for cookie. I asked the nice barista for one oatmeal raisin cookie, and paid her. As I was picking up my sack I felt not one, but TWO cookies. "Wait a minute..." I said with a hint of 'I've been tricked' in my voice, "I see what's going on here!" She laughed, "We're trying to get rid of them for the day!"

These bad boys are huge. I can barely eat one, no way I was going to attempt two! I offered cookie to everyone else, but no one was biting (har har, see what I did there? Yeah, I shouldn't blog at this hour), so I had to find an alternative victim on whom to foist my cookie unsuspectingly.

Predictably, that victim took the form of Bill. I offered him cookie, and he demanded to know what type professing, "I'm on a diet! I need to loose those 6-10 pounds I've been trying to shave off!" (um, more on this in a moment).

I told him, and suggested that he could split it with his office mate. "Hmm... oatmeal raisin, that sounds healthy," he said crumbling under my oppressive cookie offer.

"You could delude yourself into believing that," I replied with a smirk.

They split it. And they liked it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home