Saturday, August 30, 2008

Relaxing Day at Work?

The work day started again this morning at 9 am.

Bill and I had made plans last night to go buy me a new phone this morning between work.

At 9:30 I was finished with work until (I anticipated) noon or so. He picked me up around 10 and off we went. Ironically, I ended up not buying a phone, and he ended up buying one. My reasoning? I'm eligible for an upgraded phone in 4 days. Yes, four. I can wait a week, thankyouverymuch.

After phone buying we decided to grab some brunch before heading back to my place. Well, brunch turned into "let's go back to the mall and wander around." We did that, then (amazed that I had yet to be paged), we headed back to my place. We decided that it would be fun to walk on the beach, since today was a beautiful day. When we got to my house I checked to see how things were going and if I needed to work. Tragic perfect timing, I did. So, I spent a half an hour working, while Bill fixed my computer (I could have done it, but he was here and needed something to do).

We headed out to the beach, but the Mercer Island beach kind of blows. So, as we were discovering this, he said to me, "I have a great idea! Let's go back to your place, you pick up your laptop and a book, then head to my place, we'll pick up my laptop, and then we'll go to a coffee shop and I can play with my new phone and you can read."

Excellent plan.

We did just that. We spent a few hours at the coffee shop, then I had to work again.

After I finished up my work duties we headed out to dinner. Post dinner he dropped me off (it's going to be a long night) and headed out for drinks with a buddy.

All in all, despite having to work frequently throughout the day, it was a pretty good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home