Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hot Date

After two days of heightened stress I told Bill Friday afternoon that "we need to do something fun tonight." I didn't, however, tell him that it couldn't go too late, because I was going to have to work. I saved that gem for right as we were getting off. Mostly because when we decided to go out, I hadn't agreed to work the whole weekend yet. After I "volunteered" for Latrine Duty I sent an email to the team letting them know I'd be doing this, and asking for some information for each of them. I indicated that their input would help my Friday night, and hot date, to not suck so much. I got a few replies that said, "If you have a date someone else should do it." Yeah, but, frankly, I don't trust the someone else who would be doing it.

After work, we headed to Bill's apartment to drop off our backpacks before heading out to dinner. When we got there I turned to him and said, "I could use that hug now." He was really cute about it, too. He kind of rocked me back and forth a little bit and muttered comforting words of sympathy. Thanks. It really did help.

We went out to dinner and then back to his place for a few minutes. Since I had been working since 6:45 Friday morning (after logging off at 11 Thursday night) I lied down on the couch for a few minutes while he used the washroom. And promptly nearly fell asleep. We were going to go back out (since the night was young), but I felt I should check the status of "The Weekend from Hell." Turns out that was a good idea. We stayed in an watched a movie, then he drove me home. I got home, changed into my jammies, brushed my teeth, and was logged back online just in time for the fun to begin again.

When he dropped me off Bill offered, "If you need anything tomorrow, food, comfort, anything, just let me know, ok?" We're going to go out in this morning for a couple of hours between rolling waves of hell.

Some hot date, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home