Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Misadventures of Ms. Granola

Monday included a trip to REI.

Bill, Cyclist, Cyclist's roommate, and I made the pilgrimage early afternoon to Mecca. Bill and I picked up lights. My skill level isn't such that I plan on doing a lot of riding in the dark, but as we slide into winter I fear that the night riding it going to happen much more frequently than I'd like.

After REI I dropped Cyclist and his roommate off, and Bill and I headed to his place to chill for a bit. We had talked briefly about going on a Duck Tour, but changed our minds and decided to go on the Underground Tour instead. It was quaint and cute. Not a bad way to spend 90 minutes, and I'll probably take my family on it, if they ever come up to visit.

Near the end of the tour the guide was telling us about the Smith Tower (which was built at approximately the same time as the parts of the old city we were touring). Apparently, there's a chair in the Smith Tower called the "Wishing Chair". Legend has it, that if a single woman sits in the chair she'll be married within the year. "So, watch out, man," the guide said to Bill. I'm sure he says that on every single tour he gives. But I wonder how frequently he says it to people who aren't dating.

Following the tour we went and picked up food, then headed over to Cyclist's for some Labor Day grilling. We sat around and grilled and Bill played bass to Cyclist's banjo. Then we adjourned upstairs for some Rock Band.

A nice end to a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home