Monday, October 27, 2008

Dress Code

The wife of a guy I occasionally ride the bus with (we're friendly, sometimes she picks him up from the bus stop and I get a lift ad well) invited me to go to their Diwali festival Saturday. I said sure, I mean, really? If you ever want to learn how a party is meant to be thrown go to an Indian festival, or wedding, or birthday party—they'll learn ya right.

Saturday morning she called to confirm. Then she uttered those dreaded words, the word every woman doesn't want to hear: "Do you have anything to wear?" um, what? I thought this was a party? I didn't realize formal wear was a requirement. She reassured me that I could wear whatever I wanted. Suddenly I was terrified that I was going to be horribly incorrectly dressed.

As it turns out, she was amazingly over dressed, and I was under dressed. Oh, and I was one of 4 non-Indians there.

Good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Memory Keeper said...

I'd love to hear more about the festival...you left me wanting

November 03, 2008 8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home