Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

I'm taking kayaking classes.

I kinda suck at it.

Friday night we were learning how to roll our kayaks.

I suck at that too.

What I really rock at, however, is aching. For the curious I ache in the following places:
the entirety of my trapezius
triceps
external obliques
and... the muscle on the back of my knee. Affectionately called "popliteus "

While that sounds like only 4 muscles consider this, it's actually 8, and those muscles control, arm movement, neck movement, bending at the waist, and bending knees (as if to walk). Yeah, if you're going to ache, it's certainly best to make sure all of the major faculties are impacted.

On the other hand: It's the good ache that comes from playing hard. The gym, however, is going to prove interesting, to say the least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home