Monday, June 22, 2009

There Are Morments

when I hate my job so much I just want to scream at my boss exactly where he can take this expletive job and precisely how he can place it where. This week was filled entirely of those moments. Those moments, and a couple of very very very long nights. Like the night where I went to bed at 3 am. Yeah, that was awesome. Man, I hate my job.

My favorite event of the work week? Friday morning I announced via email my intent to do something Sunday night rather than Friday night. Someone on an external team didn't like that, so we exchanged a number of emails. At noon I sent him a very long email explaining why I didn't want to do what he wanted me to do, and cc'ed my boss.

At 4:45 I still hadn't heard back from the dude, or my boss, so I went to hunt down my boss to see if he had talked to the other guy and decided something but failed to let me in on it. This was the first my boss had heard of it (!), so he called the guy and the talked about it, and eventually decided that I was right.

When my boss came to tell me that Sunday night would work, he added, "In the future can you be sure to loop me in a little earlier?"

"I sent you that email at noon," I told him, the implied question being "how much earlier should I have looped you in?"

"Oh? You did?!" he asked.

"Yup."

"Ah, ok. Uh, whoops. Thanks." he managed to slink away hopefully feeling a little bad about implying that I wasn't capable of looping him in earlier enough to do his job effectively. Meh, whatevs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home