Saturday, December 26, 2009

Delay

My flight home landed at 8:45 am. Mumsy and Dad were supposed to meet me, but two days before my flight Mumsy told me that she wouldn't be there on time to pick me up. I landed 3 hours from where they live, and she had previously told me that she wanted me to come in early in the morning. So, I answered her request, and then she decided that it was too early. I was pissed.

I called the night before I took off to make sure she'd pick me up on time, and she said they would try. I called that morning to make sure they were up on time. They were.

After all that, they were 3 hours late picking me up.

Did you catch that math? They left right before I landed. I was more pissed than words can adequately capture. Had she told me (honestly) that they were really going to be that late, I wouldn't have gone home.

I think the thing that irritates me the most is the the utter bait and switch ("we'll do our best to be there," when they had no intention of actually trying) which was so typical of her mother. A trait that irritated my mother—is it any wonder that it irritates me when I see it in her?

1 Comments:

Blogger Memory Keeper said...

Caught!

Really wish you'd blog a bit more. I miss your funny twisted writing!

love you--mom

January 27, 2010 11:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home