Sunday, December 20, 2009

Moment of Silence

A girl friend called me last night to chit-chat. Over the course of the conversation she told me that her car had died, as had her fiancee's. They're getting married in 2 weeks, and this is just one more thing they don't have time to deal with.

I offered to lend her my minivan, Willie. The same minivan that my aunt and uncle gave me right after I graduated college. As I was offering her the van to borrow, I changed my mind, "Actually, do you just WANT it?"

She agreed to borrow it, and we decided she'd come by tonight to pick it up. When she got here I had the title in hand and said, "Here's everything you need, and here's the title. I really want you to have it." She accepted it, but insisted that she pay me. I told her I'd take $50.

So, let's all have a moment of silence for the passing of the torch. Willie treated me well while he was mine, hopefully he's not a scourge to his new owners. I hope they appreciate him as much I as did when he was mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home