Sunday, October 18, 2009

Changes on the Horizon

When I decided to room with Bill I knew that it would become difficult once he started dating someone, and, sure enough: not thrilled.

It won't last, but that's not the point. The point is: I don't like it.

We had another talk about how our relationship is going to change when one of us finds someone more long term and how sad it's going to be. The saddest part, perhaps, will be that the person who finds someone else won't even realize what's going on—they'll be too blinded by the relationship that has come in the way to really notice the change.

We also talked about how things are going to change when I move out. I can't live with him platonically forever, we both know that. He told me how sad he's going to be when I move out—"It'll be hard. I won't be able to just come home and hang out with you, I'll have to seek you out to spend time with you." Complete with frown and pout.

The fact of the matter is, you can't have your cake and eat it too, my friend. I cannot be here for you as just a friend with no benefits while you go on to find someone who isn't me to be happy with while I am expected to find someone, and still be here for your entertainment when you want me.

Time will pass, we'll each find someone, and this friendship will be remembered fondly. But the memories will be all that is left.

2 Comments:

Blogger j said...

I am writing a paper, I just threw this term into my paper. Not original, I know. But I haven't heard it thrown around much. So, I searched on "granola geeks" and your sight was the top of the list.

So the question begs, are you a granola geek?
And if so, what do you think of this title?
Is it accurate verbage to describe your preferences?

sorry for the questions, but again, I am writing a paper, a research paper -

thanks and kind regards and sorry to bother if it is a bother that I put all this text in adminstration..
J

October 20, 2009 3:39 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

Hey there J. Thanks for stopping by. good questions, but too long for the comments section; so, check out my post on the topic--just for you: http://huggingthetree.blogspot.com/2009/10/on-being-granola-geek.html

October 20, 2009 11:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home