Monday, September 14, 2009

What You Wish For

Captain has been really encouraging me to get into white water kayaking (um, YES), but it's quite expensive. Minimum, we're looking at a grand to just gear up and get started. I've been slowly acquiring gear which works for kayaking and rafting. So, now I need a wet (or dry) suit, and a kayak and paddle and I'm set! Too bad that's all the expensive stuff...

I was joking with Captain and said, "well, if you know anyone who will lend me a boat, I'll totally do it more!"

"Hmm... I might..." she said, and a month later I currently have a loaner kayak sitting in my garage. The guy I borrowed it from has paddled with her "maybe four times, but she's such a good egg, so if she trusts you, I trust you." Um, yeah! Wow. She did promise that if anything happens to it I would, naturally, replace his boat—naturally.

And tomorrow? My first white water kayaking in a hard shell boat (as opposed to the inflatable kayak I took last time). I'm so very excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home