Monday, September 07, 2009

Back-up Plan

"I've been meaning to ask you, if something happens to me, and the youngest's dad can't or won't take both girls, would you take them for me?" Always one to take the subtle conversation opener, Fox jumped right in with both feet.

"Absolutely." I didn't even pause for a second. Yes, I have no kids. Yes, I'm single and loving it. But, I would have no problem whatsoever taking the girls if Fox got hit by a bus.

We spent the next little bit joking about how I'd turn them into dirt eating hippies. "Well, CULTURED grass-eating hippies," Fox corrected herself.

"That's right! We'd go to the symphony after enjoying dinner at the local vegan cafe!"

Yeah, not excited about the thoughts of my sister being hit by a bus (or some other untimely demise), but I'm glad she's thinking up back-up plans.

Also, it's kind of flattering to think that she thinks I'll do a good job with her midgets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home